The fair was August 16-21. It was a long fun week. We were there everyday, it was a little crazy. I was very impressed with Maestin. He worked hard all summer practicing. He improved so much. It was neat to see hard work pay off for him, it was a great lesson and he is ready for next year! For Hose 4H there are now two different days the first day was working ranch horse. He was really excited for this day. He had practiced roping the dummy on Duster nearly everyday and had it down really good. However, when we got there some one told us that he had to dallie. We hadn't practiced this, so this had Maestin nervous. Duster was a bit nervous as well, and shied from the rope. The judge (Tim Edwards) told me to tell him don't worry about dallies, so after that he caught. Then he had to rope heals, we didn't know he would have to do that, he did alright. He then was in one on one penning, he had a tough cow but he did well for his first year. Then he was in team penning with two of his friends they had a ball but both times they let a cow by. He and I know what it is about and next year we will be ready!
Maestin and Duster roping
Maestin received red ribbons, he was ok with the ribbons, he wanted to win the rope that was given for first, he is a little competitive, I wonder where he got that?
The next morning was the Horse Show. He was in six classes and was very busy. He loved it. The whole day was fun. He used Duster for Halter and Grandpa's Jazzy for the rest. Maestin loved Jazzy, she is just what her name says. She is a lot of horse and never stops moving. Maestin started ridding her this spring. He worked hard and practiced a lot. Maestin and I could never have done it with out the willing help of Grandma and Grandpa. They were out there just about every time helping and coaching. They spent the day at the fair as well. A lot of time went in to preparing Maestin and Jazzy for this one day, and I cant say enough times how grateful I am for there help and for Jazzy. Maestin loved every minute of it, and he learned so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all you did you are the best!
Maestin and Duster took First place in the showmanship! He went back in for the Grand championship, he didn't place but the judge at the end said, "This little guy on the end, I just love him he is smiling the whole time and just showing his horse!"
We got there that morning and was getting Duster and Maestin all shinned up, we went over for the class and saw that there was a pattern that they had to walk there horse through. I took one look at it and panicked. Where is my Mom! I could figure it out but it takes me a lot longer. Mom showed up took one look at it and took Maestin out on the track with a couple rags and me as a a cone and we walked Maestin through the pattern several times. He was the only one in his class that did it perfect. He was such a handsome cowboy out there, and Duster did great! Gradndma was in charge of the patterns the rest of the day, I would have sent Maestin to the left when he should be going right! Thanks again Grandma!
Maestin and Jazzy had a banner day!
Bareback equation they took third
Western equation they split the class in two he was one of only three that made into the final class. He was the only boy, and the youngest there. He didn't place but received a blue! He handled Jazzy so good every time she came into the arena she came in prancing like a barrel horse no sweat for Maestin.
Western Raining he took Third
This was Maestin's favorite class, him and Jazzy did awesome, I had tears in my eyes when it was done because he did so great, he even tipped his hat at the judge at the end. Thanks Grandpa for helping with those sliding stops,(both Maestin and Jazzy) they were great!
Western Horseman Ship he got a red, but I have to tell you how well he did on this on, this was a weird pattern and he did it all right but on the end, he had to get Jazzy to take a left lead after she had turned right, she took it but he went on the wrong side of the cone. Not very many kids got that lead but Maestin had Jazy get it. Thanks again Grandma.
We won't mention Trail!!!Your welcome Maestin
At the end of the week they gave awards, Maestin won high point in the horse show and won a big pretty buckle- and he took second high point in the working ranch horse, he received $5 and a hoof pick.
I know it was a bit lengthy but he will love having this all down some day. And I know a few Aunts that would love to know how he did. Thanks Shancy for spending the day supporting him. I know the rest would have been there if it was possible! Thanks a million again to my mom and dad, there again I know, I really do appreciate your sacrifice and help thank you so much!
Maestin you worked hard and it paid off, I am proud of your commitment to work and reach a goal you did so well! Good job!
No comments:
Post a Comment