You are thinking trip to Atlanta would be at least a little warmer than Idaho! Wrong! We were there for history making in Atlanta. Austin and I had the chance to go to Atlanta the first of January for Farm Beareau. The first day was ok then a storm hit and the city shut down literally. This is a picture of a group of us from Idaho after dinner the night the storm hit!

In conjunction with the national AFBF conference they had the Ag Expo. This was huge. there was well over an acre of space used for all of the equipment. They had every farm equipment you could imagine. Austin loved this and we walked through the whole thing numerous times. It was amazing to see it all indoor. And to see stuff that we don't use like a cotton picker bailer all in one. So with that they had an exhibit of the real trigger and bullet from the Roy Rogers show, a little weird but we got our picture!
We stayed in the Merriot. It was nice and very large, it had a hallow center with the rooms going around the outside. the bottom picture is of the elevator going up! There were 4o floors. The employees that were there when he storm hit had to stay there they had been there three days when we finally left.
We went to an Atlanta Hawks basketball game. This is us at the Phillips center
Inside and outside CNN-Chris Dalley, Kendall Keller, Austin
Coke Museum this is where Coke started top picture is of Kendall Keller
Our plane got delayed on day, but we did finally get home. It was crazy to see a town shut down like that. The restaurants were running out of food, and there were not stores open. The power was out in some places because of the freezing rain. I just wanted to be home in my home with my food storage and candles and wood stove all prepared. I know Mormons are thought to be a bit weird about all that, however, I saw first hand how comforting it is to be prepared.
The conference was good, we had the opportunity to listen to Mike Rowe of Dirtiest Jobs, it was great and he is a huge advocate of Agricultural and helps fight our ever growing battle with people like PETA, Human Society, EPA the list could go on and on. He saw first hand our battle and now he is battling with those of us in Agricultural!
Once again a huge thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Tubbs and Price we wouldn't be able to go without you watching the boys! You are the best!
1 comment:
Well I don't feel bad for you at all that it was so cood.... "Mrs. Hello from sunny Florida!!!!" I guess thats your next post! Looked like fun though I think Trev and I should join!!
Post a Comment