Uncle Elder Bowdrie flew into Salt Lake on February 16th. The boys could not wait for this day to come. They asked every day for a week which day he was coming home, or how many days until Bowdrie comes home? It was like Christmas the day we had to go to the airport. They were not disappointed, he lived up to every expectation that they had.
Grandma and Grandpa tried to help kill some time by taking them on a "tour" of the airport.
Addler trying to survive the wait.
Grandma explaining something about the airport to Ruxton and Addler.
Grandpa explaining the amazing science behind the luggage "turny thingy"( what is that called) He is lifting Maestin up so that Maestin could see where the luggage was coming up out of it.
Maestin, Ruxton, and Addler ?patiently? holding the signs they made to welcome Bowd home. Is Addler giving me a wink? What a goober!
More waiting! Grandma, Addler, Ruxton, Grandpa, Holdan, Maestin, and Austin
We couldn't see who was coming down very well so when we finally saw him it was a surprised rush.
And he is home. This moment actually put tears in my eyes. It made me think how I would feel to have my son home after serving faithfully for two years. She was a happy mother-you have been a great mother! I hope I can be as successful with my children as you have been with yours.
I just missed the hug with Bowd and Dad, it was a big hug, and funny as usual-dad picked him clear up off the ground they were happy to see each other-such a good dad and friend never judging and just accepting to us all. Again I hope that I can be that for my children some day.
And now the boys! They ran with big hugs. After it was all over Ruxton walks over to his dad and says, "Ug, I knew I was going to cry!" Austin's reply with a smile, "Me too!"
Not too sure about Uncle Bowd, he was only baby Bob when he left. However, it didn't take him long to figure out what the big brothers think is so great about Uncle Bowd. He loves him and won't stay away now. He even lets him call him Bob!
Bowdrie and Mom with some missionary from the mission and his mom. Are missionaries weird?
Bowdrie you are an amazing example to my boys. You had a wonderful mission full of experiences that my boys still talk about. I am proud of the way you served and gave yourself completely to the work that was at hand and needed to be done, Your success is mind boggling. It was special to see you change so much on your mission and to see the man that came home. Your example of love and compassion for people around you will stay with me forever. My boys love and look up to you some much.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you posted this moment! Pretty cool to see it all, I bet it was a good experience for your boys to see as well! He was a pretty amazing missionary!
it made me cry again....just reading about it. Thanks Mays....Love you
Post a Comment